Friday, July 10, 2009

What My Mother Doesn't Know written by Sonya Sones



I finally got to read this book What My Mother Doesn't Know. This book is written in free verse. This book is Sophie's story. Sophie has a couple of boyfriends but after the first kiss the boyfriends don't electrify her the way she thinks a boyfriend should or, set her toes tingling. Until the Halloween Dance. A masked stranger dances with her. Sophie feels this attraction to him, all she really notices are his forearms. She spends the next days and weeks looking for those forearms! It's Christmas,her closest friends are away for the holidays. She takes her own little vacation. Sophie visits the museum, and Murphy calls to her. Sophie and Murphy do a little sketching together. Can Murphy be her new boyfriend? Will her friends like Murphy? What will happen if Sophie's friends don't like Murphy? Is Murphy the masked stranger from the Halloween dance?
pg. 47
It's That Time Of The Month Again
"I wore my brand new white satin panties to school today.
So, naturally, I got my period.
When Rachel gets hers, she calls it riding the cotton pony, Grace calls it surfing the crimson wave.
But I prefer to think of it as rebooting my ovarian operating system."

No comments:

Post a Comment