Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Emancipation Proclamation Abolishing Slavery in the South written by James Tackach

I am teaching Summer School,this summer. Yes the library is open for students to check out books and do research and of course use the computers. The U S History teacher asked if I could pull books on the Civil War. I did pull books for his class, and i came across this book. I love history. I live in a region of the USA rich in history, from the very beginnings of the Jamestown Settlement to the present. Virginia is probably the one state in the USA that has seen this great country become a country independent of Britain and then saw the country torn apart by slavery and reunited as one.

I'll be back when I finish reading the book, it is a non fiction book. Its okay to read non fiction for pleasure especially if it is a interest to your.

I have finished reading about Lincoln and the emancipation proclamation. It was quite interesting, I love American History but when I was in high school,I must have been in another time zone. I found this book on the shelf in the library. I am glad I took the time to read it, it is important to know and understand history, even after all these years. Reading this book I think I can understand why the president admires Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment