Sunday, June 13, 2010

T 4 written by Ann Clare LeZotte


T4 is another book in the Virginia Readers Choice list for 2010- 2011.

I was drawn to this book because I had a student point out to me the the title in a quick glance looked like a swastika. I was also drawn to this book because the book is written in free verse. Free verse is easily read because the story is told in poetry form. I will be recommending this book the the 8th grade teachers who have the students read Diary of Anne Frank. That is a good story to read to get the feeling of being in Nazi Germany. T4 gives another glimpse of Nazi Germany. This story has the doctors taking people with disabilities placing them in hospitals with the promise they will be safe only to have these people murdered. If you have only read the Diary of Anne Frank, please take the time to read T4. It is a quick read because of the style the book is written in, free verse. My eyes were opened by this story, I was sadden to think my youngest son may not have survived those doctors and hospitals because of his disability. It brings the Holocaust Museum to life.

Read T4 its another story of the atrocities that took place during WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment