Friday, July 27, 2012

Peak by Roland Smith

Peak is the first book I have read written by Roland Smith. Peak is also on the 2012-2013 VRC selection list. Again,this is a book I wouldn't have picked up to read. The cover doesn't draw me to the book. When I read the title 'Peak' I thought of a peak, at the top of something, like a mountain!  In this case Peak is his name. Peak is a adventurous guy. Climbing is in his blood, both of his parents are climbers. Peak is taken to Tibet/Nepal by Josh (his Dad). Peak thinks its because his Dad wants to get to know him better but actually there is an underlying reason. You need to read the book! You know that Mount Everest is is Tibet/Nepal, does Peak make the climb? does Peak make it to the 'peak'? You need to read this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I read this book on one of the hottest days in July,  I had to make myself put the book down because I wanted to know if Peak made it to the peak or were there obstacles in his way? To find out you really need to read Peak. Smith's words kept pulling me through the book.  The last sentence of the book tells it all  ' The only thing you'll find on the summit of Mount Everest is a divine view. The things that really matter lie for below.'.



No comments:

Post a Comment