Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Choice written by Nicholas Sparks


I have read many of Nicholas Sparks books, usually I need many tissues on hand to read his novels. This book was no exception. I immediately loved his hero in this book, Travis and his heroine Gabby. They were destined to be together. Gabby had a choice to make and she made her decision. In the end so did Travis have a choice to make but did he make the right choice, could he go against Gabby's wishes? Could he go through life bitter and hating his decision as Mr. Baker had done?

Even as I write this entry, the tears come back. Travis and Gabby although fictional characters had a life together that I wished I had when married. Realization of what I missed is so painful for me. Like when I watch an elderly couple at church, he holding her pocket book and helping her on with her coat. As they hold hands as they walked down the aisle to the pew they will occupy for the next hour. I know I have missed out on a loving relationship, my heart still hurts being divorced wasn't in my plan when I got married.


Enjoy this heart warming story, I wish falling in love was this easy and having that relaionship keep growing year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment