Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Red Pyramid written by Rick Riordan


As a librarian I have been trying to keep up with my middle school students. Reading books I know they like so when school begins I can book talk new books to get them reading. I have been reading the The Olympian Series. If you haven't read this series give it a try.

The Red Pyramid has a brother and sister searching to find away to bring their Dad back from a mysterious coffin that sunk into the museum floor. They are not alone, like in the Percy Jackson series the Kane Children have gods and goddesses from the Egyptian world to assist them on their travels to bring their Dad back and save North America.


I didn't really know much about the Egyptian gods and goddesses but you don't need to know because they will teach you about themselves. Lets hope there is a second book.

Its a good read, really better then good. Enjoy the book, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment