Sunday, October 11, 2009

Julie &Julia written by Julie Powell

My year of cooking dangerously.

I didn't like this book at all. For me it dragged from beginning to end. It didn't hold my interest. It seemed like Julie was constantly whining. That after starting her blog and the cooking she really wanted to end it but couldn't find a graceful way of doing it with her family saying 'i told you so'. I wished there was more about Julia child in the book and movie. I bought the book hoping for a good read. I have since left it in the teacher collection at school. Teachers have picked it up to read but in a matter of hours its back on the shelf.

Maybe I didn't like the book because my every day language I don't use many 'curse words'. It seems that is how Julie gets on with her day to day living. This probably has been one of the worse books I have read all year. If you need to take a peek at the book, go to the bookstore, borrow it but don't buy it. Even the movie's best parts is when Julia made her appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment