Saturday, September 8, 2012

Middle School the Worst Years of my Life by James Patterson

Middle School the Worst Years of my Life by James Patterson is actually only about being a 6th grader and one year of middle school. Rafe makes the the first year of middle school seem like the pits. He decides he needs to break every rule in the middle school rule book giving himself points the more difficult the rule is to break the higher the points award. Rafe gets detention and In school suspension when caught or when he can't talk the teacher out of the situation.  Its a bizarre story. I am certain I never met a middle school student like Rafe in my 30 years of teaching in middle school.
I guess it is written in good humor for middle schoolers but I now question if I should purchase the second book, sequel to this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment