Sunday, April 1, 2012

San Francisco Earthquake 1906 by Kathleen Duey



Inventory was taken at the school library the last week in January. I found so many good books that students have ignored in favor of the latest greatest new book that has been published lately. Including the Hunger Games series which I first read about 3 years. I know the movie hype is why all of a sudden people are looking to read the novel. Hopefully it will keep teens reading. There is a world of books on book shelves that are just as good as Hunger Games, with real believable characters. So keep reading.



I have read San Francisco Earthquake 1906 because I saw it sticking itself out on the book shelf at school the other day. I saw the word 'earthquake' in the title which is another reason why I took the book to look at and brought it home to read. I finished reading Paperquake by Kathryn Reiss perhaps that is why I brought home the other book to read. On the spine of this book was the label romance perhaps that is why I brought home the book to read. I read many romance novels especially after I have read so many young adult books. San Francisco Earthquake didn't come across to me as a romance as much as a mystery. Yes Sierra develops a puppy love crush on one of the guys staying at the hotel but its her life that captured me. How she struggled by herself to make a life for herself but also about the dreams she has and yearns to happen. Sierra realizes the guy she crushed on was a dandy. Praying on the rich wealthy ladies to get ahead.


You need to read the book to find out Sierra helps the Harlans and getting the guy of her dreams.
I hope when I take the book back to school that I can encourage a student to read it.



The book was published in 1999 but worth looking for in the library as well as Paperquake written by Kathryn Reiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment