Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wonder Struck by Brian Selznick




When I read Hugo, I had to share it with my students. Hugo doesn't stay on the shelf in the library at school. There is a waiting list (holds) for this book. I am afraid this will happen when I take my copy of Wonder Struck to school. I stayed up last night to finish reading the book. I was pulled through the book. The more I read about Ben wanting to find his Dad, the more the pictures of the deaf girl seeking answers pulled me through the book.




I attended the National Book Festival had Mr. Selznick autograph my copy but I also attended his presentation. I knew from listening to the presentation, Ben and the girl would meet up. When? and How? that you need to read the book to find out. I hope my students will enjoy Wonder Struck as much as I did.




I am from NY, Long Island to be exact. I have been to the American Museum of Natural History several times but not to the Queens Art Museum. I plan to do both again over Thanksgiving break. I attended the world's Fair back in 1963-64 but don't remember seeing the Panorama of NYC. I hope to be awed and amazed again.






Enjoy Wonder Struck and if you haven't read Hugo you need to pick up the book before seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment