Friday, January 7, 2011

if i stay written by Gayle Forman


The title alone may give you an idea what the book is about. On the cover there is a phrase 'what would you do if you had to choose?'. Reading the book it begins with a snow day for the children. The family decides to use the snow day to visit friends. Then a tragedy occurs, this is where the phrase from the cover 'what would you do...' becomes a real question. When the tragedy occurred I was shocked and had to put the book down. Then I went back to the book and read it.


I needed tissues several times as I read the book. I am not certain what my answer would be to the question, it does give you as the reader to think about, does she stay?


touching and a good read, from the Virginia Readers Choice books list

No comments:

Post a Comment